Music is such a huge part of my life that I even have a treble clef tattooed on my wrist and there’s always a song to go along with how I’m feeling. I can tell you a song just by its intro and I will listen to a new song on repeat until I know the words.
When I’m on my own, my first thought is to turn on my bluetooth speaker and belt out my favourite songs. At the moment, I have a Juicebox, but I’ve been looking at buying a new one – I’m thinking the Panasonic waterproof Bluetooth speaker. If you’ve got any recommendations, let me know! I want one in every room (not sure my family would be very happy with that but I certainly would!!)
Some of these songs have featured on my Top Songs of 2016 and Top Songs of 2017 playlists because they’re JUST THAT GOOD!
You can’t have a singalong without a couple of musicals! I’ve been lucky enough to see Kinky Boots and Wicked in London, as well as Cats, Phantom of the Opera and Blood Brothers. My favourite songs to sing out loud are:
- Defying Gravity – Wicked
- Let Me Be Your Star – Bombshell (from the tv show SMASH)
- Never Met A Wolf Who Didn’t Love To Howl – Bombshell (from the tv show SMASH)
- Sex Is In The Heel – Kinky Boots
- But I Am A Good Girl – Burlesque
- Cell Block Tango – Chicago
Sometimes, you need to sing to cry. Well, I do anyway! If I’m having a rough tough day, I’ll turn on these songs and sing until I cry.
- All I Ask – Adele
- Special Delivery – Bridget Kelly
- Poison & Wine – The Civil Wars
- Photograph – Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis (my grandad was a HUGE Elvis fan and this is the song that reminds me of him)
- I Can’t Make You Love Me – George Michael
Sometimes, you need to be your own cheerleader and these are the songs I go to when I need to pump myself up for something, or just remind myself that I’m awesome.
- Follow Your Arrow – Kasey Musgraves
- Rescue – Yuma
- B**** Better Have My Money – Rihanna
- Almost There – Princess and the Frog
- Sissy That Walk – RuPaul
- Run The World – Beyonce (you can’t have a girl power category without Beyonce right?)
Teenage Angst Throwback
I was a very angsty teenager, complete with band sweatbands and drawing on my school bag. Some of these songs will always be my favourite.
- I’m Not Ok – My Chemical Romance
- Heart-Shaped Box – Nirvana
- In The End – Linkin Park
- The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows – Brand New
- Misery Business – Paramore
- All Downhill From Here – New Found Glory
What songs are on your playlists?