Finding our passion is one of the hardest things, if not the hardest thing, we have to do in our lifetime. It seems so easy for other people, but you’re just sat floundering around like a confused turtle. Believe me, I’m still a confused turtle, but I’m getting a little closer every day. I want to help you find your passion, and I’m not necessarily talking about your career.
It’s easy to link the two together but it’s not always realistic – you could be passionate about cats but that’s not the job you want so let’s just focus on finding what sets your soul on fire.
Find your passion
Are you ready to find your passion? Grab a cuppa and a notebook and ask yourself these questions.
- What can you talk about for hours without getting bored?
- When you have a day off, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Sleep might be first and that’s ok, what’s the next thing?
- If you were given a week off work and money wasn’t an option, what would you do?
- If you walked into a store and they said that they could teach you ANYTHING, what would you want to learn about?
- You’re given a bonus at work, what’s the first thing you want to do with it?
- When you pick up your phone, what’s the first thing you do?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- If someone asked you to teach them something, what would you teach them?
- Someone buys you an annual subscription, what is it?
- When you were a kid, what did you do when the teacher said you had free time?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
- You’re in a bookstore, where do you go first?
- If you knew that your time was over, what would you regret not doing?
- What app do you wish existed?
- What TV show are you completely obsessed with? Why? Dive a bit deeper about why you love it.
There’s going to be a theme running through those answers and that theme is your passion. My passion always comes down to creating things, whether it’s YouTube videos or blog posts, I just HAVE to create. When you find your passion, life becomes that little bit more exciting. You find that you HAVE to do that thing at least once a week or your life feels a little bit grey.
It’s ok to have a lot of passions, these keep your life fun and exciting, but don’t pressure yourself into keeping them all going at the same time. You can find your passion again and again.